1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good camping site near Shimla

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Aayush, Dec 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Aayush

Aayush New Member

Hello

My 2 friends and I are going to Shimla for a week and we are looking forward for some nice camping site near the Shimla city (within 30-40 kms) our basic thought of a getaway is staying aside from crowd, markets and spend some time in some peaceful place where we can observe nature and can enjoy short walks in valleys and jungle.

Does anyone know of any such place close to Shimla? Please advise about our stay too, do we need to bring our own tents or do we have some hotel or guesthouse nearby?

Thanks,
    Aayush

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

Hi
    In my opinion Fagu is the best bet for you guys, its just 20 kms from Shimla and 2 kms from Kufri. There is a very nice and cozy hotel Apple Blossom where you can stay and from there you can go hiking in the jungle. Do not think of staying in a tent at all during this season as we get a lot of snowfall down there till January end.
    Activities which you can enjoy there are: hiking, bonfire, jungle walk and yoga in the morning. Remember to visit Kufri for horse riding, shooting and many other interesting activities :)