1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good GPS system for Car and mobile phone

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chahal, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

There are plenty of dedicated GPS systems available in the shops these days but I remember the days when I would just roll down the window of my maruti 800 and just shout out... Bhai saab zara rasta batao :) and there would be 3-4 people readily available to help me with their geographical knowledge. The best part used to be when some one would say "Neem" ke ped se left le lena ha ha ha... I miss those days now. In Delhi especially with bumper to bumper traffic if some one is lost then he/she is lost with no scope of asking anyone because you just cannot stop anywhere due to heavy traffic. People would make you deaf by blowing their horns non stop if you even take 2 extra seconds at a traffic light leave alone asking for directions.

I have used different GPS systems in the past and they have been ok and served the purpose very well but with Android mobile phones the need of a GPS system is not there any more. I now use Google maps on my Samsung note and it does the job very well down to the last inch if I may say so.

To sum it up I would say there is no need for a dedicated GPS system any more that we used to stick on the dash board back in the days. Jusy buy a mobile phone holder and turn the GPS on with Google maps you will find it very easy to navigate all across India.

If you are every in doubt in a remote area.... You know you dont even have to roll the windows any more as most cars now come with electronic windows so just press that button and shout out loud :)

Please feel free to add your own experiences with different GPS applications or even Apple maps if someone uses it :) (Not the best I would say)

2. Charandeep

Charandeep New Member

I have tired the actual GPS device and GPS service on a mobile phone, there is absolutely no difference in the two, they work the same way in fact the women's voice is the same too ;). The only difference is that the GPS device is dedicated to only GPS services and a mobile has a number of features.

3. Karan

Karan Member

The GPS device is quite pointless and only a way to spend more money, why spend money on something which is already available on your mobile phone. Exactly same function and features are on the mobile phone GPS as they are on the GPS device. To add to this the device often has a lot of faults and wont actually last as long as your mobile phone will.