1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guests coming in Delhi

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by indihigh, Dec 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. indihigh

indihigh New Member

I am in Delhi from a week now and 2 of my friends are coming from Kathmandu to give me a short visit for 2 days, they want to go city tour and want me to act as a city guide for them. I have some ideas of where to go in and around the city, but still need more opinions and suggestions. We all are in our 30's and not in aggressive parties so we need something calm and worth visiting. All travel will be done by auto-rickshaw and Delhi metro train and we do not want to go out of the city. Please suggest the best things which we can do.

2. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

It really depends what they are looking for. Delhi has a lot of everything especially history. You could take them to the red fort, Qutab minar, Humayun's tomb etc. There are plenty of old shops in old Delhi area for speaciality food like Jalebi, cholae bhutarae etc.

3. Aadi

Aadi Member

If your friends are here for a very short time then I think it's better if you take HoHo bus or Delhi sight seeing luxury bus from Scindia House in Connaught Place as it will cover all major attractions of city in a day and I am sure you will like it. Going to all the spots independently or on your own would be very tiring and time consuming too, once done with bus tour you can go to any nice restro bar in Connaught Place for dinner and booze :)

DhongiBaba and ChaiNashta like this.