1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has Anyone Tried Staying In One Of The Health Resorts?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by grace, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. grace

grace New Member

I was looking at resorts in the southern part of India and came across a health resort in Sri Lanka. It looked beautiful and it had me wondering if there are any on the southwestern coast of India? I'm looking for a resort that offers spa-like treatments and is close to the ocean. it would be lovely to stay there a few days at the end of our holidays to wind down.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

What is your budget? There are lots of such properties but recommending one would be difficult unless I know how much money you are looking to spend per day.

briannagodess likes this.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and thank you for asking that question here!

As @Chahal pointed out, we can recommend you some health resorts that are within your budget if you provide us with that detail. That being said, there are lots of health resorts to choose from in India. Since you're specifically looking for health resorts in the Southern part of India, I'm going to list some for you.

Here they are:

• Somatheeram Ayurvedic Health Resort in Kerala. This is the world's first health resort, which is located in Kerala, near the Chowara Beach. It has been in the business for about 20 years now which only means that they provide expert services to their clients and customers. The treatments last a minimum of 7 days and can go as long as 28 days. Certain diseases like obesity, leukaemia, diabetes, skin and sports ailments are the main targets of the treatment. You can also opt for rejuvenation or relaxation or just beauty therapies.
    • Bay Leaf Ayurveda Spa Resort in Visakhapatnam. Located in Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, it's considered as a luxury and premier health resort in India. They offer Ayurvedic massages, facials, hair treatments and even manicure and pedicure. So if your main goal is just to relax, this health resort would be perfect for you.
    • Soukya Holistic Health Centre in Bangalore. Have you ever heard of leech therapy? Well, it's a known practice here in Soukya Holistic Health Centre. But there's other treatments as well in case you're not up for leech therapy.
    I hope this helps!

4. dane

dane New Member

Wouldn't mind taking some well needed rest after months of travelling to let my body recuperate, no major health problems, just a bit worn and torn as they say. What would price range be for resorts like these?

5. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana New Member

I'd like to know how well experiencing India can be done on a tight budget. I think if I were to stay at any resort, a health spa would my choice. Are there any health or beauty treatments that are popular in India? I wonder how similar a spa resort in India would be to a spa experience in America.