1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heatwave in India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by amelia88, May 26, 2016.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I actually saw on the international news section on my local TV station the other day about the heatwave currently hitting India. They mentioned there's only meant to be some reprieve when the rainy season hits in June, but temperatures were apparently hitting 51C in some places - so hot that the roads were melting underneath people's feet!

For those of you living in India right now - I hope you're managing to find some reprieve from the heat. Would you advise not visiting India in the lead up to summer and in the middle of it?

2. Rishi Sab

Rishi Sab New Member

It is the case in a few states. However, the weather for the past few days in the Northern India is pretty okay.. It rained a couple of days ago, and the forecast's saying that it will again rain in a few days... So, things can't be better...

But yes, some places are witnessing immense heatwave. I hope monsoon reaches there before time, as many people don't even have means to protect themselves from the heat

amelia88 and Lisa like this.

3. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

Heatwaves are common for countries near the equator. Here in the PH, heatwaves are so common that crops in some areas actually are in danger, and people are thinking of alternatives like cloud seeding to create some rain for the crops. For people though, it's not really all that bad, as there are air conditioning as well as other forms of aid to cool themselves, such as ice creams, cool drinks, and shady areas. It's not very comfortable at times, but people manage to live with it.