1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hill stations in North India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Cicil, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Cicil

Cicil New Member

Hi

I am visiting India for the first time and I just want to devote all of my time in hill stations, can somebody suggest me best hill stations in North India?

I know of Shimla and Manali, what are the other options and how safe it is down there? I wanted to visit Kashmir valley too, but most of my friends have suggested not to make it due to lot of disturbance and violence down there.

I will really appreciate if you can share your past experience and some pictures too.

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

The road to Manali is closed right now so not a very good idea but in summers it is one of the best destinations when it comes to hills. Shimla is easier to get to but the beauty and pollution free environment you get at Manali is way beyond the scope of Shimla.

3. Aadi

Aadi Member

Hi

Some of the most popular hill stations which I can point for you are:

Himachal Pradesh
    Kasauli
    Shimla
    Kufri
    Dharamshala
    Chamba
    Dalhousie
    Kalpa
    Bhagsu
    Kullu and Manali
    Kaza in Spiti

Uttrakhand (Uttranchal)
    Auli
    Badrinath
    Rishikesh
    Gangotri
    Yamunotri
    Rudraprayag
    Binsar
    Chakarata
    Dhanaulti
    Uttarkashi
    Joshimath
    Kailash Mansaroval
    Kathgodam
    Kedarnath
    Lansdowne
    Mukteshwar
    Valley of flowers
    Nainital
    Mussorie
    Bhimtal
    Tehri
    Munsyuari

You need not to worry about your safety in Himachal as it is the most peaceful place in entire India with lowest crime rate but ensure that you are not falling for any touts. Please use your common sense everywhere and I would like to suggest you to stay in HTPDC (Himachal Govt.) hotels.

Deven likes this.