1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hop on Hop off Delhi

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Ameera, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Ameera

Ameera New Member

I want to know more about the hop on hop off Delhi bus. I have seen what the bus service offers, but what I want to know is that if I travel by car to the start point, I would not be brought back to the start point, would I?

From what I have read the dropping and last point is different from the start point, does that mean we would have to make our way back to where our car is parked?

Also, the start point is not very clear, the pickup points have been mentioned, but there is no clear mention of where the actual trip starts from so that no sightseeing spot is not missed.

I would also like to know where I can purchase the tickets from?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Ameera! Welcome to the forum!

The Hop On Hop Off (HOHO) Buses ply within each attraction in Delhi. It covers most of the popular attractions that tourists would want to visit. These buses move along certain pick-up points in Delhi, allowing the tourists to drop off at any point. Bus frequency is every 30 to 45 minutes. Tourists can visit the locations at their own pace as buses ply within a frequent schedule. You can opt for the 1 Day Tour, 2 Days Tour, Evening Tour and lastly, the Monday 1 Day Tour.

For the 1 Day Tour and 2 Days Tour, here are the covered locations:
    • Rashtrapati Bhavan
    • Baba Kharak Singh Marg
    • Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
    • Red Fort
    • Rajghat
    • National Gallery of Modern Art
    • India Gate
    • Purana Qila
    • Humayun Tomb
    • Metro Museum
    • Lotus Temple
    • Embassy Lane
    • Qutub Minar
    • Hauz Khas Village
    • Dilli Haat
    • National Rail Museum
    • National Museum
    • Nehru Museum
    • National Science Museum
    • Central College Industries Emporium
    • Jantar Mantar
    Ticket price for the 1 Day Tour is at Rs. 500 per person. Ticket price for the 2 Days Tour is at Rs. 600 per person. First bus arrives at 8:30 am and there are buses every 40 minutes.

For the Evening Tour, here are the covered locations:
    • Baba Kharak Singh Marg
    • Red Fort
    • India Gate
    • Purana Qila
    • Dilli Haat
    • Embassy Lane
    • Rashtrapati Bhawan
    • Connaught Place
    Ticket price is Rs. 700 per person.

Now, the Monday Tour isn't technically a HOHO Tour but more like a fixed tour. It covers these places:
    • Baba Kharak Singh Marg
    • Birla Mandir
    • India Gate
    • Rashtrapati Bhawan
    • Parliament House
    • Air Force Headquarters
    • Qutub Minar
    • ISKCON Temple
    • Red Fort
    • Rajghat
    Ticket price is at Rs. 799 per person. First bus arrives at 9:30 am and buses ply every 30 minutes or so.

These buses ply from one pick-up point to another. So they won't be waiting for you to arrive at the pick-up point. Once a bus drops you off, it then moves to the next pick-up point. Then, the next bus will arrive within 30 to 40 minutes. You can choose to ride the next bus or the bus after that. They do bring back the tourists to the starting point from the last stop, which can be Jantar Mantar, Connaught Place or Rajghat, depending on what package you choose. However, keep in mind that the last bus arrives at 6:45 pm so you need to reach the pick-up point before that time.

If you parked near the starting point, you can ride the bus from the last stop to reach it again. Just make sure that you arrive there before 6:45 pm because this is the last bus that picks up the tourists from the last stop.

You can book online through the HOHO Delhi website. Here is their contact information:
    • Address: HOHO Information Center, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Next to Hanuman Temple, Opposite Connaught Place Police Station, Connaught Place, New Delhi-110001.
    • Number: +91-11-40940000.
    I hope this helps.:)

Shakshi and Admin like this.

3. Shakshi

Shakshi New Member

How long does the whole journey take? What time does the journey start and what time does it end?

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Shakshi!

It depends on what kind of tour or route you take. The 1 Day Tour or the Red Route lasts only for a day. I've mentioned the possible attractions you can visit for this route. However, you cannot fit them all in one day, the maximum that you can visit is up to 9 attractions. Even that number is a bit too high and a more realistic number would be 6 to 7 attractions, counting in the sightseeing and breaks in between.

The 2 Days Tour or the Green Route lasts for two days. The 1 Day Tour and 2 Days Tour have the same attractions. However, it's only possible to see them all in the 2 Days Tour. Price difference isn't also that much so if you have the time to spare, consider this instead of the first one especially if you want to cover most of the attractions in Delhi.

The Evening Tour takes place at night time and it covers a few attractions that are open during the evening. The main attraction in this tour is the Purana Qila's Light and Sound Show. It will end in Connaught Place where you can opt to do some shopping or eating in.

The Monday Tour is a fixed tour and the bus waits for you. It starts at 9:30 am and ends by 6:30 pm. You'd have a fixed itinerary with this one and you have to strictly follow it. Most of the museums are closed on Mondays, hence they aren't included in this tour.

A whole day journey can take 9 to 10 hours. It really depends upon you, except for the Monday Tour. All other tours are flexible and you can spend as much time as you'd like in one place. Just take note of the last buses timings if you'd like to ride it again to reach the starting point.

Here are the timings for each type of tour:
    • 1 Day Tour - First bus at HOHO Centre arrives at 8:30 am and last bus at Jantar Mantar arrives at 6:45 pm.
    • 2 Days Tour - First bus at HOHO Centre arrives at 8:30 am and last bus at Jantar Mantar arrives at 6:45 pm.
    • Delhi By Evening Tour - Tour starts at 5:30 pm and ends at 9:30 pm.
    • Monday Tour - Tour starts at 9:30 am and ends at 6:00 pm.
    I hope this helps.:)

5. Karan

Karan Member

There is a slight change in the timings.

The following are the pickup points for the Hoho bus service.
    • Saket Metro Station, Gate No.1 – 7:25 am (best for Gurgaon/South Delhi travelers)
    • INA, Dilli-Haat Metro Station, Gate No.5 – 7:35 am (best for South Delhi/West Delhi travelers)
    • Shivaji Airport Express Metro Station, Gate No.1 – 7:55 am (best for Airport/Aerocity/Dwarka travelers)
    • Rama Krishna Ashram Metro Station, Gate No.3 – 8:05 am (best for Paharganj/Karolbagh/New Delhi Railway Station/Blueline-Metro/Rohini travelers)
    The timing of the tour is 7.25am to 6pm

There is two drop-off points one is Akshardham Temple and the other is Connaught Place.