1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do Locals View Various Foreigners?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by jnorth88, Mar 22, 2016.

1. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I have found Indians to be very hospitable and to enjoy tourists coming visit, especially if they are respectful and take a genuine interest in the culture. But it is easy to form stereotypes, especially because they are often based on truth. How do locals view tourists from the different countries? I know that generally, Chinese tourists are not well regarded, and German's can be very particular. The Japanese take a lot of pictures. What are the Indian perspectives of foreigners?

2. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

see bro.. their has always been a mixed opinion of mine... i have seen indian men goin mad when they see foreign women in shorts... but some just dont bother treat them as usual..

basically our reaction varies from one place to another.

3. integrity101

integrity101 Member

Most Indians are very hospitable to tourists. While studying in India, I learned to think and behave like a local. I discovered that Indians from all walks of life, from the "fake" beggar and stall owner in a busy marketplace to the executive in a plush office in Delhi, view tourists as economic opportunities that should not be tampered with. There are of course those rare exceptions of politically or socially misguided individuals who see tourists as intruders to their way of life.