1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Many Airports in New Delhi?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by WBridge, Jun 11, 2016.

1. WBridge

WBridge New Member

I will be traveling to India and am in the process of making bookings go to the different destinations. From what I remember there are two airports in Delhi, but I am not too sure whether domestic and international have merged, so I need to know how many airports in New Delhi?
    This would make it less confusing for us when we arrive at New Delhi and need to leave New Delhi.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

There are three different airports but only two are used for commercial flights. International airport is terminal 3 and the other one is just for domestic flights. International terminal is only about five mins drive from domestic terminal.

There are lots of domestic flights also from the international terminal so try getting one of those flights so you wont have to go to the other airport.

3. CaptainOblivious

CaptainOblivious New Member

To add to the above answer, there is one airport which is used for commercial flights, but it is split into domestic and international terminals which are located quite far apart. The other two airports are used for defence and private aircraft respectively and are off bounds for most civilians. If you are visiting India you will land at T3 of IGI airport. It is one of the newest and best terminals in the country, so it should be a smooth experience.

4. Karan

Karan Member

New Delhi has one major airport, which is the Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL). Indira Gandhi International Airport serves both domestic and international flights and is one of the busiest airports in India.

The airport is well-equipped with facilities for both domestic and international travelers. There are different terminals within the airport for domestic and international flights, making it convenient for passengers to navigate.

Please note that infrastructure and services at airports can change, so I recommend checking the latest information and any updates from the airport authorities or airlines closer to your travel date.