1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to book railway ticket online?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Sharni, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Sharni

Sharni New Member

Hi all, my name is Sharni, and I will be going to India with my boyfriend in mid-May. We plan to visit a number of destinations in India, traveling by either car or train.

We have doubts about the proper way or a genuine site from where we can book our railway ticket online.

It would be very helpful if someone could let us know how to book railway ticket online.

Thanks.

2. Karan

Karan Member

There are many ways to book railway tickets online. Here are some of the most popular methods:

• IRCTC website: The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is the official website for booking train tickets in India. You can book tickets for both domestic and international trains.
    • RailYatri: RailYatri is a popular travel website that offers a variety of train booking services, including online booking, cancellation, and refund.
    • MakeMyTrip: MakeMyTrip is another popular travel website that offers train booking services.
    • ixigo: ixigo is a travel search engine that allows you to compare train ticket prices from different websites.

To book a train ticket online, you will need to create an account with the website you choose. Once you have created an account, you can start searching for trains. You will need to enter the source and destination stations, the date of travel, and the class of travel. Once you have found a train that you want to book, you will need to enter your passenger details and pay for the ticket.

Here are the steps on how to book a train ticket online using the IRCTC website:

1. Go to the IRCTC website and click on the "Book Tickets" tab.
    2. Enter the source and destination stations, the date of travel, and the class of travel.
    3. Click on the "Search" button.
    4. Select the train that you want to book.
    5. Enter your passenger details.
    6. Pay for the ticket.
    7. Print your ticket.
    Hope this helps.