1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get boarding pass online?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by NimeshPatel, Sep 30, 2016.

1. NimeshPatel

NimeshPatel New Member

I am flying with Jet Airways from Mumbai to London on the 1st November 2016. I would like to check in online which I have seen from the Jet Airways site that it is easy to do, but I would like to know how to get boarding pass online?

When I get the boarding pass, do I require a print out of it, or can I save it on my phone and show it at the check-in counter?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

The web check-in feature of Jet Airways is a convenient option for travellers that don't like wasting time in the airport for the check-in. With the web check-in feature, you can choose your seats online and even have your e-Boarding Pass sent to your email. Here are the procedures on how you can get your e-Boarding Pass online:

Getting Your Jet Airways e-Boarding Pass Online
    • Go the the Jet Airways website and click on the tab named Plan Your Travel.
    • From the options, click on Web Check-in.
    • Fill in the required information like your Departure City, your First Name, your Last Name, your PNR Number, your Jet Privilege Number and your eTicket Number. Click on the Check Me In button.
    • Choose which seat you'd like to occupy and click Confirm.
    • Your e-Boarding Pass would be sent to your email and you need to keep this for reference. You can either print the e-Boarding Pass or save a screenshot of it in your phone, tablet or laptop. Either way works as long as the details are all clear and readable.
    Once you reach the airport, prepare these requirements:
    • Your e-Boarding Pass (printed or screenshot in your phone, tablet or laptop), this serves as the Customer Copy
    • Photo Identification Proof like Government ID, Passport or Company ID
    • Credit Card or Debit Card used for the transaction (If the credit card or debit card used is not yours, photocopy both sides of the supposed card and get an authorisation letter from the owner. Along with this, include your name, the date of your journey and the sector in which the transaction was made)
    You're not done yet as you need to print an Agent Copy of the e-Boarding Pass through one of the special kiosks at airport. To do this, you need to surrender these requirements in exchange for the printed Boarding Pass or the Agent Copy. This new copy would serve as your official Boarding Pass.

There you go, so the verdict is you don't really need to print your e-Boarding Pass as long as it's easily readable and clear. But once you reach the airport, you would have to get a printed copy through one of the kiosks there. Don't worry though as there are airport personnel that can help you out in case you need some guidance. You still need to arrive at the airport at least an hour before the scheduled departure of your airplane so you can go through the process required.

I hope this helps you!:)

3. djtravels

djtravels Member

When you get the boarding pass, you don't need to print it out at home. There are printing kiosks inside the airport, just use them. Take that copy and move to the airline counter. Get the official pass. In short, the e-check-in / e-boarding facility helps you be a little late, but it doesn't let you bypass getting the official boarding pass!