1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get to Mizoram

Discussion in 'North East India' started by norman0408, Nov 28, 2014.

1. norman0408

norman0408 New Member

Hi

I want to visit Mizoram, can somebody help me to know how I can get there and do I need any special permit to visit Mizoram or I can roam around as rest of India.

My purpose of visit is just to relax in mountains. Waiting for expert advice and suggestions.

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

If you want to go by Air then simply take flight from New Delhi to Aizawl which will cost you around Rs. 24K and if you really want to enjoy the beauty of North East then I suggest you to go by train till Silchar (Assam) and from Silchar take a maxi cab to Aizawl, its around 175 km trip and takes around 6 hours from Silchar to Aizawl. All the way from Silchar to Aizawl is full of scenery and mountains, last time I hired a taxi from Silchar for 10 days and took complete 24 hours from Silchar to Aizawl, it was mind blowing experience and a life time memory.

In Aizawl do not forget to visit Reiek Tlang and Falkawn.

Happy Journey :)

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

A flight to Bangkok costs half of that even thought distance is double. I wonder why flights to the North Eastern states are so costly.