1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Get Us Dollars In India

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Rmoy, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Rmoy

Rmoy New Member

I will be leaving India in a weeks time and have quite a lot of Indian rupees on me, which I won't need and would like to get exchanged to US dollars. I need to know how to get US dollars in India.

Do banks in India provide money exchanging services? This is the only possible way I can think of getting money exchanged, please suggest any other ways of exchanging India rupees.

If there are other options for exchanging rupees to dollars, which method would be the best?

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

Yes, banks in India do provide money exchanging services, but the exchange is not that great. There are other money changers like Thomas Cook, Travelex and similar large firms.

Another option is unofficial money changers, which you would find out about from local shops.

3. cecejailer

cecejailer New Member

I'm pretty sure you can get dollars in either banks or exchange stores, which I believe are very common nowadays. Just google where you can find these places and make a personalized map so you don't have to face the chance of running out of money and not knowing where to get more.