1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Get Visa For Dubai?

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by JogiSingh, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JogiSingh

JogiSingh New Member

I am Jogi Singh from Punjab.

I would like to go to Dubai to get some work, as I hear there is a lot of work available there. I would like to know how to get a visa for Dubai, where do I apply.

Do I need to go Delhi to get the visa?

2. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

In order to apply for a Dubai visa you need to visit one of the visa application centres, and as you are from Punjab the nearest one to you would be in New Delhi. At the visa centre you would submit your application there with the supporting documents.

Your application will take a couple of days to be processed and you can track your application online from the VFS website.

Here is some useful information about getting a visa for Dubai.

There are six types of visas available to go to Dubai.
    • 96 hours
    • 14 days
    • 30 days
    • 90 days
    • Multiple entry long term 30 days
    • Multiple entry short term 90 days
    There are three criterias for getting approved for a visa for Dubai

Criteria 1 - If you have traveled at least once in the last 5 years and have a valid visa for the following countries: USA, UK, Schengen countries, European Union, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Canada, Switzerland, Japan or to the UAE.

Criteria 2 - A 2 years form 16 or an income tax return of the last 2 years, that shows a minimum income of Rs2 lakhs per annum.

Criteria 3 - An invitation letter from immediate family living in the UAE

3. Kags

Kags New Member

This is news to me that Indian citizens require a visa to Dubai!

Just for some info, how much does the 14 days visa cost?

4. Karan

Karan Member

To work in Dubai, you will typically need an employment visa sponsored by a UAE-based employer. Here's a general overview of the process to obtain a work visa for Dubai:

1. Find a Job: The first step is to secure a job offer from a UAE-based employer. The employer will initiate the visa application process on your behalf.

2. Employment Contract: Once you've accepted the job offer, your employer will provide you with an employment contract detailing your salary, benefits, and other terms of employment. Review the contract carefully before signing.

3. Medical Examination: You will be required to undergo a medical examination at an approved medical center in Dubai. This is to ensure that you are medically fit to work in the UAE.

4. Employment Visa Application: Your employer will submit an application for your employment visa to the UAE Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE). They will need to provide your employment contract, a copy of your passport, and other required documents.

5. Entry Permit: Once your employment visa is approved, you will receive an Entry Permit, which allows you to enter the UAE.

6. Travel to Dubai: With the Entry Permit, you can travel to Dubai. Upon arrival, you will need to complete the necessary immigration formalities at the airport.

7. Residence Visa: After arriving in Dubai, your employer will complete the remaining paperwork to obtain your Residence Visa, which allows you to live and work in the UAE.

8. Emirates ID: You will also need to apply for an Emirates ID card, which is a mandatory identification card for residents of the UAE.
    It's important to note that the visa application process and requirements can vary depending on your nationality, the type of job, and the specific regulations in Dubai. Additionally, some professions may require additional certifications or qualifications.

You typically do not need to travel to Delhi to apply for a Dubai work visa. The process can be initiated by your prospective employer in Dubai, and they will guide you through the necessary steps. However, you may need to visit a UAE consulate or embassy in your home country for certain parts of the process.

Make sure to work closely with your employer and follow their guidance throughout the visa application process. Additionally, it's advisable to consult the official website of the UAE government or contact the nearest UAE embassy or consulate in your country for the most up-to-date and specific information regarding work visas for Dubai.