1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to reach Daman?

Discussion in 'West India' started by Ustaad, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Ustaad

Ustaad New Member

I would like to know what all options I have to reach Daman?

I would be traveling from Nagpur which is quite a distance, and I would like to know the different ways to reach Daman, and I can then decide which is the most convenient and suitable way to reach the destination.

I would also like to know what is the nearest airport to Daman, as I may also consider getting a flight there, depending on how far the airport is from Daman.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Ustaad! Welcome to the forum!

Here are your options for reach Daman:

1. By Air - Daman has its own airport, Daman Airport. However, this is mainly a military airport. Your other option would be the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai. This airport is about 172 kms from Daman. Here are some flights from Nagpur to the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai:
    • Indigo 6E 544 - This departs from Nagpur at 10:20 and arrives in Mumbai at 11:50. Flight duration is around 1 hour and 30 minutes. Fare is at Rs. 3,100 per passenger.
    • Indigo 6E 404 - This departs from Nagpur at 20:25 and arrives in Mumbai at 21:55. Flight duration is around 1 hour and 30 minutes. Fare is at Rs. 3,419 per passenger.
    • Indigo 6E 435 - This departs from Nagpur at 12:55 and arrives in Mumbai at 18:20. Flight duration is around 5 hours. Fare is at Rs. 5,432 per passenger.
    • Air India AI 630 - This departs from Nagpur at 21:05 and arrives in Mumbai at 22:35. Flight duration is around 1 hour and 30 minutes. Fare is at Rs. 3,685 per passenger.
    • Air India AI 628 - This departs from Nagpur at 8:00 and arrives in Mumbai at 9:35. Flight duration is around 1 hour and 30 minutes. Fare is at Rs. 3,685 per passenger.
    • Air India AI 630 - This departs from Nagpur at 8:20 and arrives in Mumbai at 1:15. Flight duration is around 17 hours. Fare is at Rs. 5.432 per passenger.
    From the airport, just go to the Central Bus Terminal of Mumbai. This is about 20 kms away so you need to ride a taxi to reach it. From the Central Bus Terminal, you can then ride a bus going to Vapi. Here are some bus timings for the GSRTC buses:
    • GSRTC Express - Departs at 7:15 am and arrives at 12:45 pm. Fare is at Rs. 217 per passenger.
    • GSRTC Gurjarnagri - Departs at 12:00 pm and arrives at 3:55 pm. Fare is at Rs. 200 per passenger.
    • GSRTC Volvo - Departs at 4:30 pm and arrives at 8:00 pm. Fare is at Rs. 502 per passenger.
    There are also private buses that ply this route:
    • Unity Travels (Non AC Sleeper Bus) - They have several buses and here are their timings: 2:00 pm, 9:00 pm and 10:15 pm. Fare is at Rs. 500 to Rs. 800 per passenger.
    • Neeta Tours and Travels (AC Sleeper Bus) - They have 3 timings: 2:00 am, 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm. Fare is at 1,400 and above per passenger.
    • Rajdhani Travels (AC Sleeper Bus) - Their timings are: 5:05 pm and 5:30 pm. Fare is at Rs. 800 per passenger.
    • HK Travels (Non AC Seater Bus) - Their timings are: 8:30 pm and 10:15 pm. Fare is at Rs. 600 to Rs. 800 per passenger.
    These buses depart from different parts of Mumbai like Dadar West, Bandra East, Vile Parle East and Santa Cruz East.

From Vapi to Daman, the distance is about 13.2 kms so you can just ride a taxi to reach your hotel in Daman.

2. By Bus - There are no direct buses from Nagpur to Daman. Your route would be:
    • Nagpur > Bus to Jalgaon > Bus to Nashik > Bus to Vapi > Taxi to Daman.
    So from Nagpur to Jalgaon, here are some bus timings:
    • Royal Nagpur (AC Sleeper Bus) - Bus timings are 5:30 pm and 9:00 pm. Fare is at Rs. 650 per passenger.
    • Maharashtra Travels (Non AC Sleeper Bus) - Bus departs at 4:30 pm. Fare is at Rs. 500 per passenger.
    • Sanjay Travels (Non AC Sleeper Bus) - Bus departs at 5:00 pm. Fare is at Rs. 550 per passenger.
    Next, here are some bus timings from Jalgaon to Nashik:
    • Yogesh Travels (AC Sleeper Bus) - Departs at 8:30 pm. Fare is at Rs. 500 per passenger.
    • Sangetam Travels (Non AC Sleeper Bus) - Departs at 10:45 pm. Fare is at Rs. 611 per passenger.
    Then, here is one bus timing from Nashik to Vapi:
    • Ramani Tours and Travels (AC Sleeper Bus) - Departs at 11:45 am. Fare is at Rs. 600 per passenger.
    From Vapi to Daman, the distance is just little so you can just ride a taxi to reach the latter.

3. By Train - The nearest railway station to Daman is the Vapi Railway Station. However, there are no direct trains from Nagpur to Vapi. Here is the route that you have to take:
    • Nagpur > Train to Mumbai > Train to Vapi > Taxi to Daman.
    Here are some trains from Nagpur to Mumbai:
    • Nandigram Express Train No. 11402 - This train departs everyday at 6:00 and arrives at 5:35.
    • Gitanjali Express Train No. 12860 - This train departs everyday at 7:30 and arrives at 21:20.
    • Shalimar Mumbai LTT Express Train No. 18030 - This train departs everyday at 13:40 and arrives at 4:50.
    • Vidarbha SF Express Train No. 12106 - This train departs everyday at 17:15 and arrives at 7:00.
    Then, here are some train timings from Mumbai to Vapi:
    • Mumbai Bandra Dehradun Express Train No. 19019 - This train departs everyday at 00:05 and arrives at 2:51.
    • Gujarat Express Train No. 19011 - This train departs everyday at 5:45 and arrives at 8:46.
    • Sandra Surat Intercity Express Train No. 12935 - This train departs everyday at 6:50 and arrives at 9:31.
    • Mumbai Firozpur Janta Express Train No. 19023 - This train departs everyday at 7:25 and arrives at 11:05.
    From Vapi, you can just ride a taxi to reach Daman.

I hope this helps!