1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Reach Fort Mumbai?

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by JaitleyK, Mar 31, 2018.

1. JaitleyK

JaitleyK New Member

This is now my second post on the forum, the first post was about enquiring how to reach Gateway of India. I would now like to know how to reach Fort Mumbai?

Is it best to get public transport or hire a cab?

2. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

You have not mentioned where you would be traveling from, so I am just giving an idea of the nearest railway stations and bus stations to Fort Mumbai.

Nearest Railway Station to Fort Mumbai
    The nearest railway stations to Fort Mumbai are Mumbai Cst Railway Station and Bombay Church Gate Railway Station. The mainline railway station closest to Fort Mumbai is Mumbai Central Railway Station which is at a distance of 5km from the fort.

Nearest Bus Station to Fort Mumbai
    The nearest bus stops to Fort Mumbai are:

Swami D Saraswati Chowk
    R.B.I (Fort)
    New Custom House
    Indira Dock
    Khadi Bhandar

If you feel comfortable with public transport you can travel by train or bus. In a bus, it would take slightly longer but would be the cheapest traveling option. Traveling by train is also a good option, but it can be a bit crowded if that doesn't bother you then by all means travel by train.
    If you have issues with traveling by public transport, then you can easily hire a cab, it would work out to be more expensive than getting a train or bus, but it also means it would be the most convenient way of traveling.