1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Reach Gavi Kerala?

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by Ravi.75, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Ravi.75

Ravi.75 New Member

I am going to Kerala with my kids and wife in the second week of May. One of the places which we are want to visit is the forest in Gavi.

We are not sure whereabouts this is located and would like some help in knowing how to reach Gavi in Kerala.

We are still yet to finalize our places to visit, so please just give some idea of where Gavi is from the main tourist destinations in Kerala.

2. Harrish

Harrish New Member

Getting to Gavi, Kerala can be a bit of a trek, but it's totally worth it for the beautiful scenery and wildlife! Here's a quick rundown on how to get there:

By car: It looks like it would take about 2 days and 5 hours to drive from Shimla to Gavi, Kerala. The distance is 3,094 km.

By public transport: I couldn't find any information on getting to Gavi by public transport directly. However, you could likely take a train or bus to one of the larger cities in Kerala, like Thiruvalla or Kottayam, and then hire a driver or take a taxi from there to Gavi.

Here are some other things to keep in mind when planning your trip to Gavi:

• You'll need a permit to enter the Gavi Wildlife Sanctuary. You can get one from the Kerala Forest Department office in Vandiperiyar.
    • The best time to visit Gavi is during the dry season, from November to May.
    • Be sure to pack plenty of warm clothes, as the nights can get chilly in Gavi.
    • There are a few different places to stay in Gavi, from budget guesthouses to luxury resorts.
    I hope this helps!