1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Reach Kashmir From Jammu?

Discussion in 'Jammu & Kashmir' started by Namesh, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Namesh

Namesh New Member

I am going to Jammu with my family to attend a wedding. As the kids have holidays I would really like to take them to Kashmir, and would like to know how to reach Kashmir from Jammu?

Would driving to Kashmir be best or getting public transport?

2. KK

KK Member

The distance from Jammu to Kashmir is around 260km, so it means that you can reach Kashmir in about 7-8 hours, depending on the mode of transport and speed that you go at.

I would suggest that you get a bus from Jammu to Kashmir, it would be more convenient and less tiring for you as you would not have to drive.

What I can tell you is that if you get a bus from Jammu to Kashmir it would take just over 5 hours to reach, the bus drivers are experienced and keep a steady speed throughout the journey. However if for some reason the road condition is bad then it may take longer.
    The base bus fare from Jammu to Kashmir would be around Rs230 which is quite a reasonable amount, but it can be higher depending on which bus you get.
    There is a variety of buses which you can get, an AC sleeper bus, non AC sleeper buses and Volvo multi-axle semi sleeper bus. You would find both government and private run buses.