1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to reach Shirdi?

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by Lalita, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Lalita

Lalita New Member

I am from Chennai and wish to go to Shirdi with my mother who is a senior citizen.
    I have not traveled much and require some help in how to reach Shirdi from Chennai.

As my mother will be with me, I am thinking that taking a flight would be the better option, as the duration will be short and more comfortable for her.

If I decide to book a flight, what is the nearest airport to Shirdi?

How would I reach Shirdi from the airport?

How far would it be?

2. kapilankar

kapilankar New Member

You can fly to Pune and then rent a cab. The distance is about 200km and would involve a drive of about 4 hours.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Lalita! Welcome to the forum!

As of now, the Shirdi Airport is still under construction and is expected to be completed in 2018. So, for now, here are the nearest airports to Shirdi:
    • Aurangabad Domestic Airport - This airport is about 125 kilometres away from Shirdi.
    • Pune International Airport - This airport is about 183 kilometres away from Shirdi.
    • Mumbai International Airport - This airport is about 274 kilometres away from Shirdi.
    As you can see, the nearest airport to Shirdi is the Aurangabad Domestic Airport. Here are some flights connecting Chennai to the Aurangabad Domestic Airport:
    • Jet Airways 9W 464 - This flight departs from Chennai at 5:40 and arrives in Aurangabad at 6:15. Fare is at Rs. 8,027 per passenger.
    • Jet Airways 9W 460 - This flight departs from Chennai at 11:30 and arrives in Aurangabad at 6:15. Fare is at Rs. 9,087 per passenger.
    • Jet Airways 9W 7012 - This flight departs from Chennai at 2:30 and arrives in Aurangabad at 6:15. Fare is at Rs. 9,299 per passenger.
    • Jet Airways 9W 470 - This flight departs from Chennai at 19:10 and arrives in Aurangabad at 6:15. Fare is at Rs. 11,685 per passenger.
    • Jet Airways 9W 462 - This flight departs from Chennai at 20:45 and arrives in Aurangabad at 6:15. Fare is at Rs. 20,270 per passenger.
    • Jet Airways 9W 489 - This flight departs from Chennai at 7:00 and arrives in Aurangabad at 17:50. Fare is at Rs. 31,358 per passenger.
    • Tru Jet 2T 202/102 - This flight departs from Chennai at 8:50 and arrives in Aurangabad at 12:50. Fare is at Rs. 4,280 per passenger.
    From Aurangabad, you can ride a bus to reach Shirdi. There are some private buses plying this route:
    • Shree Kurana Travels (AC Sleeper Bus) - Their bus timings are: 3:45, 3:50, 4:20, 4:30, 5:15 and 6:30. These buses then arrive in Shirdi at: 6:15, 5:50, 7:20, 7:30, 8:15 and 9:30. Fare is around Rs. 800 to Rs. 1,000 per passenger. These buses depart from the Kurana Travels head office near Chunnilal Asaram Petrol Pump.
    • Himalaya Travels (Non AC Seater Bus) - Their bus timings are: 23:30 and 23:50. These buses then arrive in Shirdi at: 4:00 and 4:35. Fare is around Rs. 800 to Rs. 1,000 per passenger. Fare is around Rs. 200 to Rs. 400 per passenger. These buses depart from the Central Bus Stand Road.
    • Sanjay Travels (AC Sleeper Bus) - They only have one bus departing at 6:30 and arriving in Shirdi at 9:00. Fare is around Rs. 300 per passenger. This bus departs from the Baba Petrol Pump in Aurangabad.
    Journey duration is around 3 hours or less. You can just ride a taxi to reach their boarding points in Aurangabad.

I hope this helps you even a bit.:)