1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to travel from Aurangabad to Ajanta and Ellora

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by priyankanegi, Nov 28, 2014.

1. priyankanegi

priyankanegi New Member

After waiting for long I have planned a trip to Ajanta and Ellora in January and here is my itinerary

Day 1: Arrive Aurangabad by ASR NED EXPRESS at 11:30 AM
    Sightseeing and overnight stay in hotel

Day 2: Aurangabad to Ajanta caves
    Ajanta caves and overnight stay in hotel

Day 3: Ajanta to Ellora caves
    Ellora caves and overnight stay in hotel

Day 4: Ellora to Aurangabad
    Board SACHKHAND EXP train to New Delhi at 1:00 PM

Now I am confused that shall I book a single cab for 4 days from Aurangabad to Aurangabad or it would be better to use hire individual cabs from point to point or shall I use public transport like Sumo or bus. Personally, I want flexible private transport but I will drop my comfort if it's too expensive. Is it OK for a solo female traveler to use public transport in this area?

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

If you have the money and don't mind spending then get a cab for the full duration of 4 days and it would turn out cheaper or more or less same as compared to hiring a cab every day for day tours on each destination. I cannot comment on solo female traveler scenario as I have not been in such a situation before being a male. I hope other members can advice on that.

3. Aadi

Aadi Member

In my opinion it's better to take a single cab from Aurangabad for 4 days and as soon as you take the cab message the cab and driver details to your family and friends. Taking a taxi everyday is not an good idea coz first it would be expensive and second I don't find it convenient to hunt for a new cab service everyday.

Total trip from Aurangabad-Ajanta-Ellora-Aurangabad is around 300 kms and if you include sightseeing then it will be around 450kms, when I was there I paid Rs. 6000 to this guy for my 5 days trip (including fuel, parking, drivers food and toll taxes). Public transport is OK if you don't have luggage and got enough time to wait for bus or Sumo car, and the area is in India and it's totally alright for a solo female

4. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

Rs6000 for 5 days including fuel and everything sounds like at least 5-6 years old price may be more. When was this?