1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Use Western Toilet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Birju28, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Birju28

Birju28 New Member

Hello everyone, I am Birju from Bihar.

As much as my question may seem embarrassing it has to be asked!

Since birth, I have been in Bihar and used the Indian style toilet, and soon I will be shifting to Delhi for my new job where there are western style toilets. Now Indian style toilets are easy to, are easy when it comes to bowel movements and also are hygienic.

When using the western toilet, there is no hygiene at all and because you are not squatting there may be issues when it comes to bowel movements.

Keeping the above queries in mind, how do I use a western toilet?

2. Karan

Karan Member

The question may be embarrassing but believe me its a very common question by many who have only used an Indian style toilet.

Hygiene is an issue for sure, and the best thing you can do is wipe the seat with toilet paper or tissue, that's the best you can do with hygiene when it comes to sharing a toilet.

For bowel movements, the best suggestion is putting your feet on a footstool when using the toilet. So basically when you sit on the toilet make sure you have a footstool to put both of your feet on it, which would give you a similar position to when sitting on an Indian style toilet.

3. G.Jain

G.Jain New Member

For someone who hasn't used a western toilet before, it is difficult or you can say weird at first, but then you get used to it.

Like mentioned in the above post hygiene is an issue, but there are many ways to resolve this problem. Either like said sipe it clean or you can get hygiene sprays and wipes specifically for toilet seats.

4. Prits

Prits Member

Let me make simple for you to understand. Its basically like sitting on a stool or chair, and then let nature do its work...;)

Regarding cleanliness well just like posted above, wipe clean the toilet seat.