1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

India travel chaos

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by MontyHawk, Dec 23, 2014.

1. MontyHawk

MontyHawk New Member

I have well-travelled in China during September and October 2014 and now India in my second destination in Asia. I have been researching a lot, but still I am in chaos "from where to start?" I read blogs and posts from number of travelers who have devoted lifetime in India, but I have 2 months only so I don't have any idea what to visit and what to miss?

I really do not want to waste your time in preparing the itinerary for me, that is something which I want to do myself but I need your views and a few suggestions:

1. Is it possible to see India in 2 months? I do not want to go for any group tours and I hate those whistle blower 30 minute stops. I prefer to choose the spots and spend time as per my choice and comfort.

2. Any must visit places in North West and South India. Till now I have Delhi, Amritsar, Manali, Agra, Jaipur, Mumbai, Goa, Pondicherry, Bangalore and Kerala in my book.

3. Any tips or precautions for a solo male traveler

Thanks a lot for help and suggestions,
    Monty

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

I believe 2 months is a fair amount of time to get the feel and be able to visit the main attractions.

I see you have not included Hampi (South), Udaipur and Jaisalmer (Rajasthan in western India). While in Agra you could also add Fateh pur sikri and the Bharatpur bird centaury.

Precautions? Condoms are widely available. Jokes apart, You already have traveling experience and just the usual alertness etc is all you need. Don't go anywhere with strangers etc.