1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indian Beer

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by George, Jan 31, 2016.

1. George

George Member

Just curious what is the best Indian beer? Do you have a local brewery that makes local beer? I love to try different beers from around the world and would like to try some Indian beer.

2. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

When I was in Goa, I used to drink beer (beer is cheaper than water in Goa because it is tax free),however, I did not like the taste of Indian beer. I don't even remember the names.

3. Ted

Ted New Member

My favorite Indian beer is Kingfisher. There are a few variations from stronger ones to lighter flavors. I used to like the one with a slightly lighter color as I found the other ones too strong in taste.

4. Kira

Kira Guest

Beer is cheaper than water in Goa? Amazing. We take so many things for granted here in the states don't we? I would like to try the beer though. Just for the experience.

5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Kingfisher is the only Indian beer I know and have tried! I don't even know any other brands of Indian beer by name. Curious to know if anyone else has any recommendations. We have a couple of international liquor stores in my city and you can get all varieties of imported beers, which is pretty neat!

6. Rita P

Rita P New Member

If you're in Goa Arlem is the popular beer in the region and in other parts of India Kingfisher is usually the best. Most Indian beers have a strong alcohol content so if you're planning to buy beer check the alcohol content before you buy so that you don't end up drinking beer that is too strong.

7. George

George Member

Thanks for the information. I look forward to trying a few of the local beers. I’m not too worried about the stronger beers and I might try one or two of them. I am curious to try the Kingfisher beer.

8. Aurora

Aurora New Member

I am not a big fan of beer in general; although I have tried a few that I have enjoyed. However, what I really enjoy drinking is a good wine. Are there any wineries in India that are worth checking out? It would really be interesting to see how wine is made in India.

9. Malibu

Malibu New Member

I really love beer. Whenever I visit a new place, I always want to taste the local beer. Is it possible to visit some breweries in India?

10. Paul

Paul New Member

I would also love to visit either a brewery or a winery if that is possible. Where can we find information about this? Do you think it's allowed?

11. Travguy

Travguy Member

I'd love to taste Indian beer since I like strong beer. In most countries in Europe you get light lager beer and drinking strong beer will be a change. This especially true if food is spicy which it is in India although having too much spicy food can be harmful.

12. Rocky

Rocky New Member

When I traveled to Europe I liked Heineken that is available everywhere. It was quite different as compared to Indian beer mainly because it was light and very bubbly. Although Indian beers are bubbly they are stronger with more alcohol.

13. Polaroid

Polaroid New Member

Carlsberg is my favorite and I do hope that it is available in India. I might not take to the taste of Indian beer and will try to carry a few cans of my own. In any case, I will be there for a few days only and even if I don't have any beer it doesn't matter.

14. Daphne

Daphne New Member

I really like beer and my favorite one is Stella. I would love to see what Indian beers taste like as I have never come across any.

15. martinearletara

martinearletara New Member

I've always been a big fan of Kingfisher Strong. I tend to drink the dark and strong beers, believing they're more worth the investment so to speak. That's until I found out most of their beers are six percent alcohol content. Now, I don't really have a specific flavor as long as I have the brand itself.

16. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Kings and Kalyani Black Label are also really good. I think Kings is made in Goa, and is popular there. Kalyani is one of the older beer brewed. It is a lager, with a high alcohol content and a bit of a sweet aftertaste. I think that is one of the best, in my opinion.