1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indian Underwear

Discussion in 'By The Sea' started by Lost In India, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Lost In India

Lost In India New Member

I have seen pictures and videos from friends and family who have been to India and always wondered what is so special about the Indian underwear that men wear on river banks when they bathe and on beaches as well. I am not able to find a picture of what I am talking about so I am hoping you would understand what I mean, its the one which they tie with a string. I have always wondered what makes them wear those instead of the more commonly used underwear that we get at stores in western countries and I am sure they must be available in India too. Please solve this Indian underwear mystery for me.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

indian kaccha.gif

That is called a "Kaccha" what you call an Indian under wear. It does not have an elastic and is tied. Mostly found in blue and white horizontal stripes or white in color and in cotton fabric. Mostly used in rural areas.

Do you want one of those?

3. Dilof

Dilof New Member

I'm sorry, this isn't relevant but I couldn't stop laughing at your profile picture oh my:p

4. ellajanelle

ellajanelle New Member

Are they serious about this? It looks really uncomfortable! Lol. I heard there's a rule that if you're visiting India, you have to wear that kind of underwear. Lol kidding! Seriously though.. it's interesting and funny at the same time. I wonder how it feels down there. Seems too tight! :))))

Chahal likes this.
  5. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

I have never tried one of those but they are very loose and apparently very comfortable but just don't look very good. I don't think you can buy these at shop, they are home made mostly.