1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indigo cabin baggage

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by MKhurana, Oct 6, 2016.

1. MKhurana

MKhurana New Member

I am getting an Indigo flight on Saturday evening and I wanted to know what the Indigo cabin baggage allowance is.

How many bags can we take?

What should be the size of the bag?

2. Blue Betta

Blue Betta New Member

The official website, as of today, lists the weight allowance as 7 KG, and that includes laptop bags and any duty free shopping bags that you might have. There is also a size limitation of 55 x 35 x 25. This is pretty standard. There are probably people at the airport who can help you check. I'd also check your ticket, because they usually have all the rules and restrictions printed either on it or on the receipt that you received. Hope this helps!

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

Indigo Airlines has different Check In and Cabin Baggage Allowances, depending on what type of flight you are taking (domestic or international). Here are the limits required by Indigo Airlines:

Domestic Flights

• Cabin Allowance - Up to 7 kilograms.
    • Check In Allowance - Up to 15 kilograms.
    International Flights
    • Cabin Allowance - Up to 7 kilograms.
    • Check In Allowance - Up to 20 kilograms and up to 30 kilograms for flights to/from Dubai and Muscat.
    So in summary, up to seven kilograms of cabin allowance is given per passenger. In addition, only one piece of baggage is allowed in the cabin, with the following dimensions:

Dimensions Allowed for Cabin Baggage
    • 55 centimetres x 35 centimetres x 25 centimetres
    On the other hand, for the checked baggage, it depends on what flight you're taking but it's between 15 kilograms to 20 kilograms only. Furthermore, there are also limits for the dimensions:

Dimensions Allowed for Checked In Baggage

• 158 centimetres x 158 centimetres x 158 centimetres
    In case you exceed these allowances, there are fees that would be imposed upon. It depends on the excess weight that your baggage has taken but there's always a flat rate of Rs. 300 (domestic) and Rs. 525 (international) per excess baggage:

Charges for Baggages Exceeding the Imposed Limits (for both Cabin and Checked In)
    • Rs. 500 for 5 kilograms of excess baggage
    • Rs. 1,500 for 10 kilograms of excess baggage
    There you go, I hope this helps you!:)