1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Radhanagar Beach Too Isolated?

Discussion in 'By The Sea' started by Off the cuff, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Off the cuff

Off the cuff New Member

All I read about it was a brief piece which mentioned this beach is on Havelock Island, (part of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands), but it looked really nice and worth a visit/stay. I hardly dare look into the cost of getting there, it seems quite isolated so I imagine it would either be an expensive or a difficult journey. Has anyone been?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Off the cuff!

Havelock Island has about seven beaches so named by numbers. Radhanagar Beach is the so-called Beach No. 7 in the islands. Even though the Andaman and the Nicobar Islands are generally more difficult to reach than other beaches in India, once you reach Port Blair, it's easy to go to Radhanagar Beach. You can directly go to the beach via ferry from Port Blair. Your other option would be to take a ferry to Havelock Islands and reach the Radhanagar Beach via road through a car or a taxi. It is just about 3 kms from the Havelock Islands.

The Radhanagar Beach was named as the 7th best beach in the world. So just by this alone, it's definitely worth a visit. Once you reach the beach, all your tiredness from the journey to get there will be gone. On one end, you'll see the lush greenery surrounding the region. Then on the other end, there's the aqua-green water and white, powdery sands greeting you. Although the beach is crowded during peak tourist season, you can still be able to find a secluded spot as long as you venture into the the further part of the region.

For the adventure seekers, there's lots of water activities you can do here. Some of them are: snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking and fishing. The water here is also very safe for swimming so kids can enjoy it. For the adults, you can go ahead and sun bathe in the white sands and get that perfect tan. This beach seems to have it all for different people of different interests.

By the end of the day, you'll find the beach getting more crowded. Why? Because the sunsets in Radhanagar Beach are quite beautiful. It's a must to visit the beach and watch the setting of the sun at the end of the day. Make sure you have some type of transportation going back to the main island as the last buses and trucks leave around sunset. Or you can just setup your own tent for an overnight stay.

There's a few beach shacks and beach huts around the beach as well. You can enjoy the great seafood dishes served by the shacks. There are also shacks that rent out fins and snorkels for the tourists. Just around the right side of the beach, you'll find the Blue Lagoon, another beautiful beach. It's lesser crowded than other beaches in the Havelock Islands.

I hope this helps!