1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Items That Are Difficult To Find

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Aidan, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Aidan

Aidan New Member

I don't want to bother carrying bathroom related items with me while traveling in India because they will just be extra useless weight, so I was wondering if there were certain items that can't be found or that are difficult to find in India? Are there any products that I should definitely take with me?

2. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

Well you can be provided with all the necessary bathroom items in the hotel where you stay, so there is no need of bothering for that.

3. Salman

Salman New Member

You can get everything in India and you will not find anything that is unavailable. Most hotels provide everything you may need in terms of toiletries and if you need something additional they will be happy to buy it for you from outside.

4. tabby

tabby Member

We all have preferences in what we use in the bathroom. Off the top of my head, hotels generally provide for bathroom essentials. I don't have any reason why India should be any different. As regards preference, for example - I've a Korean friend who prefers to use a specific-designed bathroom slippers. It's generally just regular rubber slippers but with several holes for water to drip. He can't find it here in our country, so he brings one from Korea.

5. If you have some special hair conditioners and other grooming stuff than probably you should carry them with you. Normal stuff like soaps and shampoos will be available in any hotel.

6. Rayne

Rayne New Member

The hotels in India are most likely popular chains that are found all over the world. They will provide all your essentials but like others have said here, if you prefer a particular brand you should probably bring it with you.

7. Seraphina

Seraphina New Member

I agree with the others that said you'll probably be able to get the basics at the hotel. Personally, I travel with everything right down to soap because I am a very brand-specific woman.

8. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

The only thing I had a hard time finding was Dr Pepper, and that is very reasonable. India is a giant economy with over a billion people. There are foreigners from every part of the world in India, and a lot of trade. Typically, that means they have access to all the products. Things for hygiene should be quite common.

9. Elizabetonth

Elizabetonth Member

Everyone is saying that things can be found at the hotel, and that is true, but will you be staying at hotels when you travel to India? I have stayed in a variety of places, and, for instance, you won't be able to get toiletries at a lot of hostels. There are also smaller, cheaper hotels in many places where you won't necessarily be able to find good quality products. Shampoo, but not conditioner, for example. Nevertheless, if you are staying in better quality hotels, there will be provisions, and you can also buy things easily in the shops.