1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knee Mri Cost In India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chahal, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

I have been getting a lot of queries about cost of MRI in India for knees from people in other countries lately, they click the contact us link and send their queries to me instead of posting it on the forum for some reason so I am going to post the cost of MRI for Knees in India.

I called up LAL path lab today and they referred me to another lab who gave me the prices and also explained there are two types of MRI that people get done and the costs are different too.

Knee MRI cost in India for single joint: Rs4500-6000 depending upon where you get it done from. This price is for a plain MRI on one joint.

Knee contrast MRI cost in India one joint: Rs7000-9000 again depending upon where you get it done from.This price is for one knee joint for contrast MRI.

I have provided the prices I was given by the lab I spoke to but I am sure there must be many labs that charge way less than the price I have been quoted. There are plenty of labs all over India so it is better to call up a few labs before deciding where to get your knee MRI done from.

Price for the same Knee MRI would be a lot more if you get it done in USA or somewhere in Europe. My guess is that if some one just takes a flight to India to get MRI done for both the knees and go back the next day they would still be saving money after spending on air tickets.

2. Karan

Karan Member

Just wanted to update the thread, that the cost still remains the same for a knee MRI in India.

Since this information was posted on the forum, the number labs providing an MRI scan have increased, so there is a lot more choice on where to get the MRI scan done from.

3. Shiv

Shiv Member

That's a great initiative! Here's how you can structure your post to inform people about knee MRI costs in India:

MRI Knee Scan Cost in India

Many people have been inquiring about the cost of knee MRIs in India. Here's a breakdown of the typical costs and some additional factors to consider:
    • Price Range:
      • Plain MRI (one knee): ₹4,500 - ₹6,000
      • Contrast MRI (one knee): ₹7,000 - ₹9,000
    • Variations: Costs can vary depending on the specific lab or facility.
    Additional Considerations:
    • Get Multiple Quotes: Call a few labs in your area to compare prices before making a decision.
    • Contrast vs. Plain MRI: Discuss with your doctor if a contrast MRI is necessary for your situation. Contrast material increases the cost.
    Potential Savings:

MRI knee scans can be significantly cheaper in India compared to other countries like the USA or Europe.

Disclaimer:
    • Prices are estimates and may vary.
    • Always consult with a doctor to determine the best course of treatment for your specific needs.