1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Konkan Railway Booking

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Jayan, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Jayan

Jayan New Member

I need to book 3 tickets on the Konkan railways and need some advice in knowing how much in advance I need to book the tickets to get them confirmed.

I would also like to know about the dedicated site for Konkan railways as I have heard that it is an easy way for booking tickets from the online site.

2. Deven

Deven Member

I would strongly suggest that you should book at least 60 days in advance to avoid any disappointment if not 60 days then at least 30 days in advance. This way you can be assured for your confirmed seats and won't face any issues regards traveling if traveling by train is your only option or you have fixed dates of travel.

The dedicated site for Konkan Railway booking is konkanrailway.com, you would get the required information about the Konkan Railway services from the site, but there is no option for booking tickets from the site, instead, details are given from where you can book your Konkan Railway tickets from.

3. Karan

Karan Member

Unfortunately, Konkan Railway doesn't have its own dedicated website for booking tickets. However, there are several reliable options to book your tickets online:

• IRCTC Website: IRCTC Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation www.irctc.co.in is the official Indian Railways website for booking train tickets. This is a good all-around option for booking tickets on any Indian railway route, including Konkan Railway.

• UTS Mobile App: [UTSONLINE ON Indian Railways enquiry.indianrail.gov.in] is the official mobile app from Indian Railways for booking tickets. It can be a convenient option for booking on the go.

• Third-Party Ticketing Platforms: Several authorized platforms like MakeMyTrip, Goibibo, Paytm, and Redbus, allow you to book train tickets including Konkan Railway routes. These platforms might offer additional features or deals compared to the IRCTC website.
    How Far in Advance to Book:

For Konkan Railway tickets, especially during peak season (summer holidays) and weekends, it's advisable to book as early as possible - ideally 120 days in advance. This gives you the best chance of securing confirmed tickets, especially for popular trains and preferred classes.

Here are some additional tips for booking Konkan Railway tickets:

• Be flexible with your travel dates if possible. If your travel window allows some flexibility, consider booking on weekdays or less popular dates to increase your chances of getting confirmed tickets.
    • Plan on booking during booking windows. Bookings typically open at 8 AM IST, 120 days before the travel date.
    • Keep your passenger details and payment information readily available for a smooth booking experience.
    I hope this information helps you book your Konkan Railway tickets successfully!