1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laundry In A Hotel

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Polaroid, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Polaroid

Polaroid New Member

I wear fresh clothes every day. I wonder whether there are laundries in hotels in India and are they reliable for handling expensive clothes. I don't want to give my clothes to a laundry only to get them back with tears and such.

2. xTinx

xTinx Member

Choose a hostel with laundry services. Not only will your stay be relatively cheaper than when you book a hotel room but you also get to pay cheap for laundry. Only a few hostels offer laundry services but if you do your research, you may chance upon hostels that do or are near laundry shops.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Some hotels even let you use their paid laundry services if you're not a guest. It could pay to contact a fancier hotel, I guess - and see if they offer such services to people not staying at the hotel. You would be pretty well assured if it was a fancy hotel that they would really do a great job with your garments, as I imagine they would have some high profile guests staying there. But definitely enquire before you get there!

4. grace

grace New Member

I agree. Call the hotel and ask if they offer laundry services. Better yet, see if there are any reviews online that talk about laundry services of the hotel.

5. Aurora

Aurora New Member

I think you can find some hotels that offer good laundry services. However, I would advise you to take less expensive clothes on your trip in order to avoid incidents.

6. Rita P

Rita P New Member

The best laundry services are located in hotels. They are available only for hotel guests but I want to point out how exclusive they are. Whenever I have clients staying in hotels I tell them to give clothes to the hotel laundry without any worry.

7. rz3300

rz3300 Member

This is probably one of the most convenient things that you really never think of that comes in huge when you can find it. I always pack all of these clothes and plan everything out and all of that, and then realize that I forgot the simple fact that things need to be washed, which I usually do not plan for. Anytime you can take care of these in the hotel it is a huge win and a big time saver.

8. Chanterelle

Chanterelle New Member

I'd much rather budget to have my clothes laundered professionally than try to wash things in the shower and then get them dry. It also means I can pack lighter, which is always a good thing.

9. Dina

Dina New Member

I have never had an issue with laundry partly because I am able to wash my own clothes if the need arises. I have stayed at places where there is no laundry and I have had to wash clothes myself. I keep a detergent pack with me all the time.

10. GinaMax

GinaMax Member

I am just curious, but does India have bed bugs? In the US, a BUNCH of laundry facilities had to be shut down because they were spreading the blood suckers. Honestly, I would just go with the hotels service. The hotel is a professional business who is going to take better care of your garments than anyone else.You are a lot less likely to experience theft if you leave it to the hotel services. With that being said, no one is perfect and there are always mistakes.

11. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

@GinaMax I know it's been awhile since you posted that comment, but I just saw and figured that I would reply. I posted something about bed bugs a few months back and I remember people replying that they haven't made a big comeback in India as of yet. I know that they are horrible in the US these days, even the cleanest hotels are getting them.

12. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

A lot of hotels, if not most, should offer some service to wash clothes. There are laundromats, too, but I am not sure how common they are. Many people still wash in a traditional way, but hotels should have modern appliances.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

You'll find that most hotels in the world will offer either a laundry service or provide the facilities to launder your clothes, and in India I wouldn't expect that to be any different.

You'll probably even find that the service in the hotels is better than what the locals get or even what your normally do at home, as they will have to be inspected and fit for purpose to a higher standard than usual.

14. ellajanelle

ellajanelle New Member

I'm really surprised as I came across your posts. I never knew hotels offered such service! I've never been to a hotel that offered laundry service, or maybe I just didn't know about it. I think it's convenient to go for the hotel's laundry service. It depends on the hotel though, and on your trust with the staff.

15. Maja

Maja Member

I don't really use the laundry services of hotels because I tend to do my own laundry when I travel. Most hotels have laundry services, even the small ones, so I guess this wouldn't be a problem. If you the hotel that you're staying don't offer such service, may be you can find a nearby laundromat.

16. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I'm sure it depends on the quality of the hotel you're on. The higher the quality, the more the possibility of them having an in-house laundry room where you can clean your clothes. Of course, if you go on the cheaper ones, I highly doubt they have rooms other than beds in their building. Make sure to do your research, usually when browsing for hotels online they show their perks like free meals, discounts, and yes, laundry rooms.

17. Elaine Lat

Elaine Lat Member

I've heard from a friend that there are actually laundromats in big cities too. There will be conveniences like that in a developing country where tourists come and go. Just like in my own country, you can request for a service on your more delicate clothing for a price. In my experience, the pricing for regular laundry will depend on how many kilos for a wash/dry/press or a wash/dry/fold only. Dry cleaning costs extra. There must be businesses that advertise on the Internet. You can check it out.