1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leh Ladakh July Trip

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by MalikP, Apr 23, 2015.

1. MalikP

MalikP New Member

I would like to plan a trip to Leh Ladakh during the month of July, at the moment all I know about Leh Ladakh is that it is a beautiful scenic place. I need some more information regarding accommodation, facilities and getting there. I would be traveling with my wife and 3 year old son, which is why such information is vital and an itinerary is important. I also have a few questions which I would like answered.

What kind of accommodation is available in Leh Ladakh?

Are basic need products easily available in the area?

What all attractions are there to see in Leh Ladakh?

Many thanks

2. dheeraj_k

dheeraj_k New Member

Hello Mr Malik
    incase you have not boked the package.
    I had booked Leh package for 2 persons from Mumbai on 2 August 2015 but to some unforeseen reasons I am unable to take the itinerary . I want to sell the package / transfer.

3. MalikP

MalikP New Member

@dheeraj_k

I have already booked my flights and hotel for end of this month.

Is your tour operator not cooperating for refund/cancellation?

4. dheeraj_k

dheeraj_k New Member

yes friends, refund/cancellation seems difficult for me.

5. MalikP

MalikP New Member

There is still a long time left before the due date, whats the problem with refund? May be a small penalty or cancellation charge should be there but rest of the money should be refunded.

This is the reason I booked my flights and hotel myself separately instead of going through a tour operator. At Leh taxi can be arranged locally for sight seeing.

6. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

There are more then three weeks left for your tour to start and it is a long time. I don't see why your tour operator wont return the money if you cancel your booking.

I have always been an advocate of doing everything yourself separately like booking your air tickets and booking your hotel etc as it normally works out cheaper and you also get the flexibility of doing things in your own time. Besides flexibility you also don't get messed around by the tour company if you arrange everything yourself.

7. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

We now have an excellent thread about Leh and Ladakh on this forum posted by @Debapriya Deb . This thread has all the necessary information you would ever need for a trip to Leh and Ladakh.

8. reema

reema New Member

Pangong Lake, Tso Moriri Lake, Lamayuru Trek, Magnetic Hill, Nubra Valley, Diskit Gompa and lots more places you can explore yourself with. Actually I am also thinking to plan a trip to leh ladakh.

9. urban-nomad

urban-nomad New Member

That is so boring lol :) how about camping in the snow in december hahahaha. I am going there in december 2015 to try that.

Chahal likes this.