1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leh or Manali for holidays?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Shirish, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Shirish

Shirish New Member

I have not traveled much and have only just really had a proper holiday with my wife last year. We are again planning another holiday this year, but are confused between two destinations Leh and Manali. From what I have seen on the internet both of these places are good and are different in their own ways, Leh is further in distance than Manali, but is easier to reach. I am very confused to which destination we should choose?
    Please help in making a decision.

2. amitsharma1424

amitsharma1424 New Member

Leh will be a great Idea because its the place with untouched natural beauty and the scenic views are really awesome ... Manali is also good place but as of now you will not see any snow and snow sports there for which manali is famous. Manali is good honeymoon destination but if you want to explore some ...go to Leh

3. Freddy

Freddy New Member

It depends on what you really want on your holiday, if you want some peace and quiet with good scenic views then choose Leh, if you want good views and don't mind a crowded atmosphere with some small stalls then you can choose Manali.
    I have been to both destinations and both are different from each and can not be compared.

4. SachinS

SachinS New Member

These two destinations are ones which can not be compared or even take a choice between. As you have to choose one I would suggest you choose by the following options:

- Would you like to travel someone far or near?

- What fits your budget the most?

- If your holiday duration is long then go for Leh if it is short then go for Manali.

I hope this would help you.

Shirish likes this.
  5. Shirish

Shirish New Member

Thank you SachinS, such simple questions which have made it very easy for us to decide the destination.

6. Yash

Yash New Member

If you a talking about the current time now, then I would suggest Leh, the weather at this time would be perfect and because of the clear skies you can easily see the views.

7. KK

KK Member

Both destinations are ideal for a holidays, to be honest it is personal preference which you choose. It is obviously the peak season now for Manali so you are bound to find more tourists there now than in Leh. The rest depends on your budget and holiday duration.