1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leisure Vacations Terra Camp Panchgani

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by NatJakhu, Sep 4, 2016.

1. NatJakhu

NatJakhu New Member

There is a leisure camp by the name of Terra Camp in Panchgani which I wish to know more about. It does seem like the resort provides tent accommodation and its also mentioned in the name of the resort as well.

I have a few questions so I can know more about the resort and decide whether I should make a booking there or not.

1. How big are the tents that are provided?

2. Is there an attached bathroom with each tent?

3. Overall what is the condition of the tent and bathroom?

4. What activities or services does the resort provide for its customers?

5. How far off is the resort from the main road

6. As it is a tent type accommodation, I guess that they have buffets? How would you rate the food quality?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

The Terra Camp Resort is located in the mountain ranges of Akhigani. The camp resort provides guests with true hospitality and services to make them one with nature. Its location is very near Table Land, Wilson Point and Mahabaleshwar Bazaar. The resort is set amidst 5 acres of land with about 10 tented accommodations. They have a variety of activities to keep their guests busy as well.

The Luxury Tents in the Terra Camp Resort in Panchgani can accommodate up to two to three persons. Its size is about 20 metres squared or about 215 square feet.

Yes, there is an attached bathroom with each tent. It also comes with hot water in the morning, from 7:30 am to 10:30 am. Basic amenities like towels, soaps and shampoos are also provided in the bathroom. They're well maintained and are very clean as well.

So first of all, their Luxury Tents are priced at Rs. 5,000 per night. Its amenities are the following:
    • Fan, safety deposit locker, television, attached bathroom with toiletries, wardrobe cabinet, seating area and electric kettle.
    Although they are called Luxury Tents, they do have pretty basic amenities. But if you compare them with normal tents, they are a notch higher and would make for a pretty comfortable stay. The views from the tent are pretty spell bounding which is really what most guests are after. The bathrooms are clean as well, which is another important factor for guests.

So these tents are basic only, as compared to the usual luxury tents that we know of. But if you are after the authentic experience of staying in a tent near nature, then you would enjoy staying here. If you are after a luxurious stay, then you might not be able to enjoy staying in these tents.

Here are the facilities available in the resort:

General Facilities
    • Parking, smoking areas, luggage storage and 24 hour reception.
    Services
    • Room service, self-service laundry, tours/ticket assistance, car rental and newspaper delivery.
    Dining Facilities
    • In-room dining and restaurant.
    Meeting Facilities
    • Business centre.
    Leisure Facilities
    • Massages, garden area, library, indoor games facilities, village tours, bonfire facilities and barbecue facilities.
    Adventure Sports Facilities
    • Rappelling, zip lining, archery, wall climbing and trekking.
    The city centre of Panchgani is about 12 kms away from the resort. The resort is far off the city centre and the commercial areas so bring your own snacks and water as much as possible. The ride to reach the resort can also be a bumpy one so it's better if you take a vehicle with a higher ground clearance. If you're going to walk this distance, it can take you two to three hours to reach the resort from the main road. With a car though, it can take 30 to 45 minutes to reach it.

Yes, they do have a buffet specifically for the breakfast which comes complimentary with the room's tariff. Food costs a minimum of Rs. 250 for two persons, which isn't too bad but can be costly for some. The menu is quite limited though so if you're going to be spending many days here, you might get tired of the same varieties of meals. However, there are options for vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes though. Taste-wise, food here is average and will do for a short stay. The restaurants are far off in the main city so you don't have much choice.

I hope this helps!