1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liqueurs In India?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Igor, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Igor

Igor New Member

I love liqueurs after a meal especially dinner and wondered whether they are available in India. I do know that there are several alcoholic beverages available there but did not see any mention of liqueurs hence the question to anyone who knows. Thanks.

2. Dina

Dina New Member

I checked with my travel agent and he said that all the bigger hotels have well stocked bars that have all alcoholic beverages including liqueurs. The smaller hotels and inns may not have them though.

3. Rita P

Rita P New Member

I love Irish cream liqueurs and buy them whenever I can, especially when I am at duty free shops at international airports. There is nothing like a good liqueur after a long day and a good meal at night.

4. Malibu

Malibu New Member

I am more of a beer and wine person and not really a big fan of liqueurs. I somehow find them a little hard to digest.

5. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

If you are dining in posh restaurants, you can off course ask for liqueurs.However, in local restaurants it may not be available. You can buy liqueurs in liquor store in major cities.

6. Seraphina

Seraphina New Member

I usually skip dessert and opt for a good liqueur instead. I had a feeling that it wouldn't be hard to find at larger restaurants and hotels, but it's good to know that they may not be available at smaller places.

7. xTinx

xTinx Member

If it's wine you're looking for, India has its own native products. One that I know of is the famed hariya. You can find it all over the country and many establishments, large and small, sell it in different packaging. Hariya is no different from sake and soju but it undergoes a process specially endemic to India.