1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make My Trip .com review - why you shouldn't use them ever!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Admin, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Hello everyone,

I am normally sympathetic towards travel industry in times like these and that includes Makemytrip.com aswell but my current experience with them is not going so well.

I booked two flights for my parents from Delhi to Vancouver and back and the air carrier is Air Canada. tickets were booked over three months ago when there was no talk of this Chinese virus.

Current situation :

The outgoing flights from Delhi to Vancouver via Beijing stands cancelled by Air Canada so basically the journey cannot be completed even if my parents wanted to so I called up Make My Trip multiple times to find they are too busy to entertain my call. I got through to them today to be told that for the tickets which I paid Rs123000 something I will have to pay Rs29000 something for cancellation which also includes a convenience fee charged for the inconvenience they are causing me. I do not understand what exactly am I cancelling when there are no outgoing flights. I wanted a full refund and the agent told me to contact Air Canada! Is this what I paid the convenience fee for?

My parents were going for a wedding which now stands cancelled for the time being and we dont know the new dates and it may be a while before the new date is decided.

I am unable to get a full refund thanks to make my trip.

It is not my job to call Air Canada but I still did to be told I need to speak to Make my trip not them directly.

I have decided not to use MakeMyTrip.com ever again to book my flights in this life time and will use this website to spread the word about what happens in times like these when you pay a convenience fee to MMT and they just cause more inconvenience.

It was a mistake using MakeMyTrip.com to book air tickets. Never again.

I know Makemytrip.com's reputation management people do the rounds here so for you here's the booking reference :

Booking ID - NN2015249618414

I will spend the rest of the year may be next year even ,educating people why they should not use Make my trip using this website and other travel websites and believe me when I say I will write at places where people go before making their decisions, this is what I am good at, the only thing I am good at.

Happy days Make my trip, deal with this for months to come.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I cancelled my booking today and they will be deducting Rs29000+ from the money I paid for cancelling the flights that are not even operational.

That is not all, the 93000 RS I am getting back will not be refunded to me. They will put it into MMT wallet.

What a joke!

I will spend considerable resources in letting everyone know that they should never use Make my trip ever as the are indulging in day light robbery to put it mildly.