1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mosquito Nets

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Ted, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Ted

Ted New Member

Do you guys think it is a wise idea to take a mosquito net with me to Goa this summer or will it be extra useless weight?

2. Polaroid

Polaroid New Member

I use a mosquito spray as it is convenient to carry and can be sprayed before sleeping. I got it cheap on eBay and bought two of them. I also have a mosquito cream that I use in case I run out of spray.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I'd also recommend a mosquito spray or mosquito patches. They're quite effective and won't take as much space as a net. Plus, you won't have to setup the net in the room when you get to the hotel. I think mosquito sprays are quite handy and can be effective as well. Patches work well for my son, I just stick the sticker in his pants or clothes. Good luck!

4. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

Since there is no side effects in using mosquito nets, using mosquito net is considered safe. Mosquito spray and mosquito creams are not just bad for mosquito but also for you. However, it is true that carrying mosquito net can be a burden and trying it before you make your make your bed can be frustrating.

5. xTinx

xTinx Member

Mosquito nets don't take up much space and weight in your luggage. You can even place it in your hand-carry bag. However, it can only protect you against mosquitoes during nighttime, when you're asleep. You certainly can't use it when you're up and about town. A mosquito lotion that offers 24 hours of protection would be the way to go from daytime until early in the evening.

6. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

Mosquite nets are light and dont take much space, even tough I will suggest u for mosquito spray.

7. Voyager

Voyager New Member

If you are staying in a good hotel they will provide you with mosquito sprays in case there are mosquitoes in your room. Carrying a mosquito net with you will only mean more luggage, and I wouldn't bother with it.

8. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I would take the net, expecting it might not be required. Here in Uruguay, I sleep with a net around my bed, and I accept it as part of life even when we are out of mosquito season. I like it, so I have a favorable bias. But I do not like bites. Even without the risk of what they carry, bites make me itch terribly, and I do what I can to avoid the potential of them. Nets, spray, patches. I even drink water with a splash of vinegar. If mosquitoes are a concern, treat them accordingly.

My advice, take the net. You will kick yourself if you need it and don't have it.