1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcylce Touring

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Daira, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Daira

Daira New Member

Are there many tourists who travel through India by motorcycle? I've always loved seeing foreign countries this way, but I want to make sure it's a safe way to travel in India before I make plans to do it.

2. Kishore Krishnan

Kishore Krishnan New Member

You can save money. A very cheap and best transportation.

3. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Lots of foreign tourists buy motor bikes for the duration of their stay and use them to visit different places especially Himachal and J&K's Laddakh region. Royal Enfield cruiser bikes are a good choice although it is not for everyone. It works out cheaper to buy one and sell at the time of departure as opposed to renting one.

4. Dakota

Dakota New Member

I was also curious about this. I thought for sure renting one would be cheap. Won't I lose a lot of money when I buy a motorbike and sell it when I leave. I'm sure people will want to buy this off me rather cheap. Then turn it around and sell it for a higher price to the next tourist that wants to buy one.

5. Teheura

Teheura New Member

I'm not sure if I would invest in a motorcycle. I think that renting a bike for a few days would be fine. Plus I plan on visiting more than one destination. I don't want to ride the motorcycle to my other destinations.