1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mumbai To Goa Train

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Mishti, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Mishti

Mishti New Member

I am from Mumbai and need to get to Goa, and my preferred mode of transport is by train. I need some details about the Mumbai to Goa train service.

I would like to know which all trains go from Mumbai to Goa?

Which is the fastest train?

What the fare is for the fastest train?

Which is the cheapest train?

What is the journey duration for the cheapest train?

I have heard of a few people driving down to Goa, is this is a good idea?
    I feel if the distance is not too much and the road conditions are good then maybe driving somewhere is the best option, I haven't done a long distance drive before, so some feedback would be useful.

Would say getting a train is better or driving from Mumbai to Goa?

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Do you need transport once in Goa? That will determine whether you should drive there or not. If you need a car, it will be cheaper to take one with you. But if that is not a problem, the train is the better option. Of course, it also depends on when you want to leave. In general, faster trains depart in the earlier hours, while slower trains leave at night or the afternoon.

It will come down to how much you want to spend. A first class ticket will be somewhere around Rs 1000.

The time should be something like 12 hours, but faster trains may be available.