1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 'if I Win The Lottery' Dream Trip!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Cookie, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Cookie

Cookie Member

My parents gave me a year's subscription to the Lonely Planet travel magazine and my first issue arrived the other day. In it is an article called 'A Beginner's Guide to Railway Travel' and in that are three of the world's best luxury train journeys. One is the 'Maharajas' Express' - apparently it passes within sight of the Taj Mahal, how cool is that? I looked up the website and Oh My Goodness! It is gorgeous! But sadly way out of my budget, so for now it has to stay on my wish list. Do you know anyone who has travelled on this beautiful train?

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I've never travelled on a luxury train before, but it's one of those things that's on my bucket list of things to do before I die! A lot of those trains just look like absolute luxury! I had read about the Maharajas Express, and you're right - it is stunning!

I would also love do to the Trans Siberian Railway one day. I just find train travel so unique and you get to see so much more of the countryside compared to other methods of travel.