1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearest metro station to Delhi Airport

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Riddi, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Riddi

Riddi New Member

My flight arrival is at Delhi Airport from Bangalore. I would prefer getting a metro train to my destination because of the horrible traffic in Delhi. Last time I came to Delhi was over ten years ago, and I am hoping by now there is a metro station close by to the airport.

I would like to know what is the nearest metro station to Delhi airport, so I can go in the right direction instead of being stuck at the airport and wondering where to go and how to get to my destination.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Riddi! Welcome to the forum!

So your best option would be to utilise the Delhi Airport Metro Express. This is also known as the Orange Line of the Delhi Metro. Here are the stations that the line passes through:
    • Dwarka Sector 21
    • IGI Airport Terminal 3
    • Delhi Aerocity
    • Dhaula Kuan
    • Shivaji Stadium
    • New Delhi
    The nearest metro station to the Indira Gandhi International Airport's Terminal 3 is the Delhi Airport Metro Station. This metro station is located right on the Terminal 3 of the airport.

Problem is, if you're coming from Terminal 1, the Terminal 3 is about 10 kilometres away. It is not walking distance and you need to ride a shuttle to take you from one terminal to the other. If ever you're coming from Terminal 1, there are regular buses plying to reach Terminal 3 of the airport. These buses are operated by DIAL and has a frequency of 15 to 30 minutes. These buses ply from 6:00 am to 11:30 pm.

Alternatively, there's the Delhi Aerocity, yet another line on the Delhi Airport Metro Express. It is just about 6.9 kilometres away from the Terminal 1. There are also regular shuttles from Delhi Aerocity to the Terminal 1 and vice versa, starting from 6:00 am until 10:00 pm. Bus frequency is every 15 to 20 minutes.

The first trains, both from Dwarka Sector 21 and New Delhi, departs from each station at 4:45 am. The last trains, both from Dwarka Sector 21 and New Delhi, departs from each station at 11:30 pm. Train frequency is around 15 to 20 minutes. Fares are around Rs. 60 from the IGI Airport to the New Delhi Station and Rs. 20 from the IGI Airport to the Dwarka Sector 21 Station.

I hope this helps you!:)

3. djtravels

djtravels Member

Take the Delhi Aerocity metro. It is on the express line and will get you where you want to go in no time. Also, in terms of traffic, if you're not traveling alone, taking the bus from the airport isn't a bad idea either. Also, if you're landing after dark or you're in a mood to spend a little more, you can always hail an uber or ola :)

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

The nearest metro station to Delhi Airport is the Delhi Aerocity metro station, which is located on the Delhi Airport Express Line of the Delhi Metro. The station is just a few minutes' walk from Terminal 1 and 2 of the airport, and a complimentary shuttle bus service is available for passengers traveling to and from Terminal 3.