1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'no Cameras Allowed' Locations

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Sharon, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Sharon

Sharon New Member

As I'm doing research, I'm discovering that a lot of the places I want to visit, like temples and whatnot, don't allow cameras or mobile phones. Since I can't take photos, I'm planning on setting a budget aside for souvenirs from these locations. How much should I set aside? How much do souvenirs at these 'no cameras allowed' locations typically cost?

2. paudu

paudu Member

Where did you find the "no cameras allowed" rules? Are they generally on the separate websites? I am very nervous about accidentally offending people, and I would not want to accidentally bring a camera to a place when I just didn't know about the rule.

3. Daira

Daira New Member

Don't they have signs up at the places that don't allow cameras? I certainly hope so because I'm the type of person who takes pictures of everything.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

You just have to be observant since such places have signs on them that say you can't take pictures here or even videos. You can also ask the staff around that place whether taking pictures are allowed at all. As for the souvenirs, it depends on what you will be buying. I suggest:

1. Small journals - 50 to 250 Rs
    2. Earrings with gems - 10 Rs
    3. Sarees - 100-1000 Rs

There are lots of cheap souvenirs if you are diligent enough to find them! Good luck!