1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Permit to visit Turtuk

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by ParishZala, Jun 15, 2015.

1. ParishZala

ParishZala New Member

I plan to visit Leh, Turtuk and Nubra and will be coming from Bangalore. I need to know some important information about permits whether it is required for enter Turtuk and Nubra. I am an Indian citizen.

2. Abhay

Abhay New Member

There is a self declaration form which has to be filled out at the DC office at Leh. This then has to be shown at some check points in Pullu, Turtuk and other places.
    I would suggest that you take some photo ID with you as well.

3. Anurag

Anurag Member

I would like to clarify something on Abhay's post, it is correct that photo ID is needed but it needs to be a government approved photo ID which would be valid.

4. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

Pardon me for this query. What place is Turtuk and why the need for a permit? Is it a sacred place like the Potala in Tibet? I am now curious of this place because it seems special with the way an Indian would ask about a permit to enter the place. No offense, just curious.

5. Gabydi

Gabydi Member

I’m not sure if my information is correct, but Indian citizens no longer need a permit to enter Nubra Valley. This permit is only required for foreigners. I’m almost sure this is true, as they informed me about this in the Embassy here in my country. I think this changed last year, so you better check your info.