1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to Eat in Jaipur

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by GuptaMeera, Jun 29, 2016.

1. GuptaMeera

GuptaMeera New Member

I am going Jaipur and am I very fond of eating out as well as my family is. During our stay in Jaipur, we won't be eating at the hotel. Instead, we will be going out for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I would like some suggestions for places to eat in Jaipur. I don't mind where in Jaipur the places would be as we would able to get public transport to the suggested places and work our way round during our stay there.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Jaipur is the heart of Rajasthan. And Rajasthani Cuisine is certainly something we all have spaces for in our hearts (and tummy)! Rajasthani food is as rich as the culture of the Rajasthani people. Elaborate meals aren't unusual when it comes to this type of cuisine. The use of grains, milk and yoghurt aren't unusual as well. Here's some of the best restaurants you have to try when you're in Jaipur:
    • The 1135 AD Restaurant. Located at Level 2, Jaleb Chowk, Near Sheela Mata Temple, Amer Palace, Amer. As soon as you enter the restaurant, you'll be taken back in time. With all the royal and ancient interiors, along with the regal chairs and tables, it will surely make you feel like a royal. Even the plates and silverware used are very elegant and fit for a royal person. The Lal Maas is a winner, it's so tender and soft and flavourful. They offer Rajasthani cuisine but you'll find Mughlai and North Indian ones as well. The Gutta Curry is a must-try as well.
    • The Laxmi Mishtan Bhandar or LMB. Located at 100, Johari Bazaar, this is probably the most popular sweets shop in Jaipur. Try out their traditional Ghevar.
    • Peshawari. Located at ITC Rajputana Hotel, Lower Lobby Level, Palace Road. Priced a little bit higher than other restaurants, I still think the Peshawar is worth a visit. Despite the hefty price tag, they do deliver on taste, quality and service. Try out their Murgh Malai Kebab, Sikandari Raan, Dal Bukhara and Reshmi Kebabs, all of which are my favourites. For dessert, try their Gulab Jamun, another favourite of mine.
    • The Marble Arch. Located at Jai Mahal Palace, Jacob Road, Civil Lines. The ambience in the restaurant itself is quite elegant but with a touch of modernity. They have North Indian, Continental and Chinese cuisines. You must try their Aglio Olio.
    • Chokhi Dhani. Located at Chokhi Dhani Village Resort, 12 Mile, Tonk Road. If you want to experience authentic Rajasthani food and culture, then Chokhi Dhani is the place for you. Try out their Dal Baati Churma or their Chutneys.
    • Kanha. Located at Queens Road, Vaishali Nagar. Another destination for sweets, try out their Choole Bhatur.
    I hope this helps! This list actually makes me hungry right now.;p