1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to shop

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by jonthai, Jun 8, 2016.

1. jonthai

jonthai New Member

Hello! Could anyone suggest me with some good shops for food (supermarkets) and clothes in case i need some in New Delhi?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here's a list of some of the stores/shops in Delhi along with their addresses:

• Big Bazaar. One of the largest supermarket chain stores in India. Just in Delhi alone, it has about 10 branches already. They have food products, furniture, clothes, sports and stationary items. They have different promotions like a Wednesday Bazaar and The Cheapest Day. Here's the address of the one in Vasant Kunj: Plot No-A, Vasant Square Mall, Pocket 5, Near Community Centre, Vasant Kunj Sector-B, Delhi.
    • Easy Day. Another big supermarket chain in India and has about 10 branches in Delhi. Locations vary but the one in Dwarka is: Plot No. 11, 12, 16, 17, Palam Extension, Sector 7, Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi.
    • More For You. They mainly have department store and grocery items. Their branch at Malviya Nagar is located specifically in: Shop No J-E-12, Malviya Nagar, Delhi 110017, Gupta Colony, Opposite Tikona Park.
    • Spencer's. They have lots of food products so they're perfect for grocery shopping. They also have several branches in Delhi. This is the address of the one in Saket: Near PVR Cinemas, E-147, Saket, Delhi 110017.
    • Reliance Fresh. Like the store name says, they have fresh goods that you can buy. Locations vary but here's one in Jhandewalan: Rani Jhansi Rd, Motia Khan, Sadar Bazaar, New Delhi, Delhi 110005.
    Many of these shops have clothes as well. But if you want stores specifically for clothes shopping, here they are:
    • Sarojini Nagar. They sell branded clothes with factory defects for super low prices. There's also stores that sell accessories in the area. They also have sweets and vegetables in the area. Located at South West Delhi, near Safdarjung Airport.
    • Khan Market. They don't really sell cheap merchandises. But they do have branded clothes and even cosmetic items. They already have a loyal following of consumers. Some people love the books and medicinal herbs in here as well. Located at South New Delhi, not far from India Gate.
    • Lajpat Nagar. Lots of items to choose from, clothes, shoes, accessories and even home furnishings. Located at South New Delhi, near Defense Colony (between Greater Kailash and South Extension).
    • Karol Bagh. There's a combination of Western clothes and souvenirs like sarees in here. There's a metro station dedicated for it as well.
    I hope this helps!

3. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

Pallika Bazar, Connaught Place, Delhi could be ideal for clothes as well. It is an underground setup with as many as 7 or 8 entrances. One needs to remember which entrance one has picked up as getting back would otherwise be a problem. It has as many as 380 shops. It is reported that a minimum of 15000 shoppers are seen there at a time.

Happy shopping.

1200px-Palika_Bazar,_Connaught_Place,_Delhi.jpg

4. Prits

Prits Member

I would also like to add that the products sold at Palika Bazaar are fake, so don't be mistaken that the products are of the original brand.

Don't always go for the price given as most people tend to get ripped off by paying for the first price given, instead bargain first.

5. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

Clothes sold at Palika Bazaar I do not think are fake. I recommended Palika Bazar for clothes. Bargaining is done where the concept of fixed prices does not exist. Visiting Palika Bazar is an experience - quite a rare experience.

6. Amaaira Sehgal

Amaaira Sehgal New Member

For food, you can choose from Le March, Nature's Basket, Big Bazaar, Reliance Fresh and Modern Bazaar.

7. Prits

Prits Member

Believe me the clothes sold at Palika Bazaar and even them being fake they are overpriced, there is no guarantee of the clothes, so personally, I would not buy anything from there as it means you are just throwing your money. Some shops in the bazaar sell perfumes and deodorants which are also fake.
    Like you said that its an experience and for that one should defiantly visit the bazaar.

If you want some decent clothes go to the showrooms or even the flea markets nearby which sell much better clothes.

8. Renu

Renu New Member

For food and groceries, you can easily get these delivered online from services like Amazon Now and Big Basket. India now has a variety of online facilities where you can get things ranging from fresh fruit and veg, raw meat, packaged food and also fresh milk.