1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to Visit in Nashik

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by GopalC28, Jun 22, 2016.

1. GopalC28

GopalC28 New Member

I am getting a train to Nashik. I will stay one night there and then get a taxi to Trimbakeshwar to go and perform a pooja at the temple. I will be back in Nashik the same day, and will have two whole days until I go back home.
    I would like to know are there any places to visit in Nashik?

I am not keeping my hopes up, as I have never heard of any famous places to be visited in Nashik, but I am sure there must be at least one place. I have two days to kill so some any other suggestions to what can be done will be great to know.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Nashik is considered as the "Holy City" according to the Mythology of Ramayana. This city became the shelter of Lord Rama, Sita and Laxman during the ancient times. Here is a list of the best places to visit in Nashik:

• Trimbakeshwar Temple. The temple was constructed using the the black stand stone, giving it its black tinge. This temple is devoted to Lord Shiva and it houses a dozen Jyotirlingas.
    • Muktidham Temple. In contrast to the Trimbakeshwar Temple, the Muktidham Temple is in pure white. It is built using white Makrana marble. About 18 chapters of the Gita are inscribed inside the temple. It is considered as one of the four dhams or holy centres.
    • Ramkund. It is believed that Rama and Sita used to bathe in this tank during their exile. Nowadays, ashes of deceased loved ones are scattered into this tank for the belief that they can attain moksha by doing this.
    • Pandavleni Caves. These caves are believed to have been carved from 3rd Century BC until 2nd Century AD. Buddhist teachings can be seen inscribed in the walls.
    • The Coin Museum. The only one of its kind in Asia where you can see coins from different periods.
    • Kalaram Mandir. Built with black stones, this temple is dedicated to Lord Ram.
    I hope this helps!