1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to visit in Sikkim

Discussion in 'Sikkim' started by Shrda, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Shrda

Shrda New Member

I see a lot of people enquiring about Sikkim and visiting the destination. It is a place where I would also like to go and see one day. Although I would like to know what there is to see and do in Sikkim, as I never actually heard of any popular things to see or do there. It is just a guess that there are just many temples there to see, but I may be wrong.

There are some places have destination guides on the forum, is there one for Sikkim as well?

2. rootle

rootle Member

One place you should have on your itinerary is the Kanchendzonga National Park. It just recently became included in UNESCO's lists of world heritage sites. I've unfortunately never been there myself, but from what I know of it , it seems great. Within the park there is the Kanchendzonga mountain, the third tallest in the world. There's also a lot of other mountains and valley to trek along and plenty of great scenery. There is also a chance of sighting snow leopards. I hear that the best time to visit is during April or May, when it isn't too cold.

3. Dybbuk Jones

Dybbuk Jones New Member

The Pang Lhabsol festival is very fun. It happens in early September but I don't know if you are going to be around soon. There are some beautiful dances, especially warrior dances. It commemorates some local deity and Buddha but I'm not certain of the details. It's just very flashy and entertaining. I had a great time.