1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places To Visit In Uttarakhand

Discussion in 'Uttarakhand' started by ShitalGhai, Mar 14, 2018.

1. ShitalGhai

ShitalGhai New Member

My family and I would like to go to Uttarakhand for a holiday, and I would like some recommendations on which places to visit in Uttarakhand.

None of us has been to Uttarakhand so we are keen on visiting any place, especially the popular tourist places.

2. Rahul4640

Rahul4640 New Member

Posting it again. I also like to visit Uttarakhand. Please select a seven day tour of the state. An idea of the current condition of the roads is also requested.

3. Prits

Prits Member

Uttarakhand, nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, is a paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers. Here are some of the most popular tourist places in Uttarakhand that your family will surely enjoy:

• Haridwar: Haridwar is a holy town where the Ganges River enters the plains. Witness the evening Ganga Aarti (river worship ceremony) - a spectacular display of lights and chants.

• Rishikesh: Rishikesh, also known as the "Yoga Capital of the World," offers a unique blend of spiritual experiences and adventure activities. In Rishikesh, you can do yoga sessions, white water rafting on the Ganges, visit temples and attend Ganga Aarti ceremonies.
    • Nainital: A popular hill station nestled amidst lakes and mountains, Nainital is a perfect getaway for families. Enjoy boating on Naini Lake, explore the Tibetan Market, and take a scenic cable car ride.
    • Mussoorie: Mussoorie, also known as the "Queen of the Hills," is another charming hill station offering stunning views, colonial architecture, and pleasant weather. Enjoy a relaxing stroll on the Mall Road, explore the Camel's Back Road, and take a ride on the Mussoorie ropeway.
    • Jim Corbett National Park: If you're looking for an adventure, visit Jim Corbett National Park, India's oldest national park. Go on a jeep safari and try to spot tigers, elephants, and other wildlife.
    • Auli: Auli is a popular winter destination known for its ski slopes. Even if you are not into skiing, you can enjoy the captivating winter wonderland scenery and snow-capped mountains.

These are just a few of the many popular tourist places in Uttarakhand. Depending on your interests and the duration of your trip, you can choose the places that best suit your family's needs. Here are some additional things to consider:
    • Time of Year: Uttarakhand is a year-round destination, but the best time to visit depends on your preferences. For pleasant weather, March to June and September to November are ideal. For experiencing snowfall in some areas, December to February is the time to go.
    • Activities: Uttarakhand offers a variety of activities for families, including trekking, camping, wildlife safaris, boating, and exploring historical and cultural sites.
    • Transportation: Uttarakhand is well-connected by road to major cities in India. You can also reach hilly areas by taxis or cable cars.
    I hope this helps in planning your Uttarakhand holiday!