1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prescription Drugs

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Delilah, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Delilah

Delilah New Member

What about bringing your prescription drugs with you to India? Will there be problems at customs? I know that I can definitely take it from here, but I'm worried once I get there.

2. Ted

Ted New Member

To be on the safe side, I suggest you always carry your pills in their original packaging. Also, it would be wise to keep your prescription with you as well.

3. Aurora

Aurora New Member

I agree with Ted. If you really have to carry your prescription medicine with you, make sure you have at least a copy of your doctor's prescription in order to avoid trouble.

4. Jenny

Jenny Guest

There's another thing that I had not thought about. Thanks for bringing it up Delilah. I have a couple of prescriptions that I take every day so I'll have to see my Dr. for a copy of the written prescription.

5. Neve

Neve New Member

There are countries that allow you to bring your prescription drugs with you, while others are very strict about them. For example, in the UAE, you are not allowed to bring any depression related drugs, even if you have a copy of your doctor's prescription. It's strange, I know, but that's the way it is.