1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pros And Cons Of E-visa Vs Apply On Arival

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by GinaMax, Feb 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GinaMax

GinaMax Member

The E-Visa process seems quite simple, but I have read that there are often problems with payment. Others have suggested that I apply for a visa upon arrival. These both have pros an cons, and I need more advice trying to narrow it all down. the E-visa process is not just the fact that others report that the payment alone can take up to a week, but the security of it. It seems safer to apply on arrival, but I worry of all the things that could go wrong. Any advice?

2. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

The much talked about visa on arrival programme is nothing but e-visa that you apply for a few days before your departure and you cannot board a flight unless you get a confirmation that you are approved.

Applying for a visa on arrival as in after arriving at one of the airports in India is not an option. You need to have prior approval and you would get a stamp when you arrive.

3. GinaMax

GinaMax Member

Oh... so you mean you can not just show up in India and get your visa right then. Well then, looks like I misunderstood what the visa on arrival program was. OK then, it sounds like e-visa is probably the best option.

4. xTinx

xTinx Member

Visa on arrival simply means that you have to present a visa (for whatever purpose) the moment you arrive. However, the preparation process would take weeks or months, depending on how fast you're able to comply with the requirements. E-visa seems all right but again, you only have a few days' notice and if you're not approved, you'd have less time to cancel your flight (which may or may not be refunded).

5. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

That is not true.

It takes less than a week and there is no special requirement other than the general travel documents.

How many days notice you have totally depends on you as you are the one who decided how far in advance you want to apply. Why would you book your tickets before getting a visa?