1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rainy Days On Vacations

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by amelia88, Oct 9, 2015.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

What do you do if you're on vacation and the weather is crummy?

If it's pouring rain, I try to find indoor activities to do, such as museums or galleries. I find that there is almost always some sort of good museum or gallery wherever you travel. Even a cute café with local food is nice to just sit in and relax with a coffee and ponder life!

If it's only sprinkling I just usually grab an umbrella and still head out and do what I would normally do - a little rain never hurt anyone, right?

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

To be honest I don't think you can ever really depend on the weather, so if it is a rainy day, the important thing is to make sure it doesn't ruin your day.

In most countries there's plenty of tourist attractions that you can visit that are indoors so there's always something to do. When your in holiday you only have a set number of days to enjoy yourself so the weather shouldn't ruin that.

3. Delirium

Delirium Member

That depends. If the rain is light, then I'd just ignore it and go wherever I want to. If it's heavy though, I'd stay inside the hotel. I don't mean staying inside my hotel room because that would kinda suck and your vacation would be a waste.. I'm saying swimming pool (specifically indoor swimming pools.. otherwise just go for the jacuzzi), sauna, gym or maybe spa. Spa would probably be the best if the rain is heavy though, it'd be twice as relaxing. If I really want to go out though, I'd probably to a mall or something.

4. GammaRay

GammaRay Member

Going on museums or galleries is a great idea. I usually go for a cup of coffee or wine in a cafe, hang out with locals or visit some friends on vacation. I also draw my surroundings sometimes when it rains cats and dogs so then I have a souvenir from my trip as well. Most of the time I just hang around the hotel and catch up on my shows though. LOL

5. Sammie

Sammie Member

I hang out at the hotel and swim or take a break if it's really pouring out. Otherwise I would ask the person at the desk if they have any ideas on places to visit out of the rain. They can usually give you a list of places to go that are inside. Can't let rain ruin your vacation!

6. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

Even worse. I went to work and live on Malta in Serbia is quite cold in November and when I landed there it was very hot but humidity was terrible. I was breathing water. However, it was a beginning of rainy season so I spent my first several months soaked. It was awful, torrential rain and they told me it was too much even for Malta :), so I was very lucky.